First off, I hope you all forgive me for this extremely basic photo of my empty containers, but in a quick “get out of the door” moment, I snapped this picture so that I wouldn’t forget to post about products I’ve used down to the last drop over the past couple of months. I can say with 100% certainty that these are all (with the exception of one) products that I would buy again.
1. Skin Active Micellar Cleansing Water & Makeup Remover: I LOVED this product so much, I can’t believe that I ever had a skincare routine that didn’t include it. While for me, it doesn’t do a great job at removing eye makeup, it’s amazing for morning face cleansing. I didn’t realize until I started using this in the morning how dirty my skin can actually get at night. I soak a cotton pad with the micellar water and rub it all over my face and neck. It works wonders. I slather on a SPF enriched moisturizer afterwards and apply my makeup. Voila!
2. Malin+Goetz Clarifying Clay Mask: This mask is a tad on the pricey side so it would be a splurge, but if you are as into masks as I am, it’s worth it. I currently do masks on Wednesdays and Sundays, and use this one on Sunday when I have more time to devote to masking. It doesn’t sting or burn like other mud masks I’ve tried and it has exfoliants in it that feel like a mini-massage when I smooth it on my skin. I would recommend it for those that have acne prone skin, that’s also sensitive. And, it smells like a spa treatment!
3. La Mer The Eye Balm Intense: I have a love/hate relationship with LaMer. Their products are so expensive, it’s almost a joke for someone like me but they usually deliver amazing results that you aren’t likely to see anywhere else. As far as eye treatments go, it’s hard for me to really weigh in on them working. I use them as more of a preventative treatment as I don’t have many wrinkles or under eye circles (unless I’m not getting proper sleep.) I will say that the product goes on smooth and absorbed well into my skin. Since I was using a sample I didn’t have the applicator that would come with a full sized jar so that may have made more of a difference. Either way, I’d rather spend $200 on something else.
4. Clinique All About Eyes: I’m so fortunate that for the past two years my mother in law gifted me with the entire Clinique skin care line for Christmas and it’s always the gift that keeps on giving. I use this eye cream every day and it seems to be doing a great job. I like that this cream not only focuses on diminishing wrinkles, but also de-puffs and brightens under my eyes.
5. Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief: Remember when gel moisturizers were all the rage last year? I didn’t get to try many, but this one gave me an idea of why everyone was loving them so much. Although the formula has a gel-like consistency, it goes on like a cream and adds a bit of shine and luster to the face. I use it as one of my many day moisturizers, or after a quick face wipe cleaning. It’s perfect for those that have normal skin and are looking for something that provides moisture, without weighing the skin down.
6. Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara: I’m beginning to think I talk about this mascara too much, so I won’t go into it. I ran out and will buy more. Enough said.
7. L’Oreal InFallible Pro Glow Foundation: I know that you all have heard all of your favorite beauty bloggers raving about the Infallible line, so you don’t need me to explain why this foundation is amazing. Although my skin is more on the oily side, this formula didn’t make my skin any more oily than I get naturally which was a shock seeing that it’s purpose is to provide a glow. The color blends really well with my skin and it was my go-to every day foundation for a long time. I highly recommend!