As much as this hurts me to admit, I’m not the best good gift giver. I consider myself a thoughtful person but when it comes to gifts, I never seem to be able to give someone something that warrants a “gasp” and “gush” moment upon unwrapping.. Surprisingly, even though I know I’m not good at it, I don’t allow people to tell me what they want for Christmas. I don’t want to go fetch a gift like a robot. I like the idea of a gift coming from the heart and coming from within myself.
I typically handle all of my Christmas shopping a week before the big day because if I start too early, I’ll get enticed by all of the deals and end up with bags of goodies for myself. If anyone out there is similar in any way, shape or form, I’m compiling this list for you. It’s a list of goodies that would make any beauty lover happy on Christmas morning.
1. Geo Print Makeup Bag – Forever 21, $7.90: The perfect gift for a frequent traveler, or someone who tends to have their makeup sprawled all over the bathroom sink. It comes in rosegold and silver. And that price? Gah!
2. Travel Coffee Mug – HM, $9.99: For the on the go girl that loves her cup of joe!
3. Tatcha Indigo Soothing Silk Body Butter – Tatcha, $48.00: I’ve posted about how much I love this moisturizer. It literally feels like silk on the skin and it makes the perfect gift for the person in your life that likes to live luxe. I guarantee they will be hooked on this stuff.
4. Tweezerman Ultra Precision Cuticle Nipper – Sephora, $35.00: Your manicurist wouldn’t approve, but snipping hangnails is much better than biting them off when they bear their ugly heads. Using the right clipper will lower the risk of injury or infection. Great gift for the woman who loves to do her own manis and pedis!
5. Tarte Maracuja Oil – Tarte, $48.00: This has quickly become a favorite of mine and I think it makes a fabulous gift. This face oil does not feel greasy and is fantastic to use after a mask. Any and everyone would love it, even men!
6. Slip Pure Silk Pillowcase – Nordstrom, $79.00: A bit on the pricey side, but this will be the gift that keeps on giving. This 100% silk case protects skin and hair from the rough abrasion of standard cotton pillowcases. Talk about beauty sleep!