I’ve gone too long without another Dream Collection post and I’ve been dying to do this one! As a fan of Orange is the New Black, I’ve been watching Dascha Polanco play a cellmate on the show but I’m always stopped in my tracks when I see her all done up for an appearance. On the show she comes across as a good kid caught up in a bad upbringing with about 50 lbs on her mother and a talent for drawing. On the red carpet she is simply one thing….STUNNING. Her look crosses all boundaries of beauty and she seems like the kind of woman that is strikingly gorgeous, but completely approachable. If I was able to collaborate on a beauty campaign for her, it would include items like these:
1. MAC Mineralize Moisture SPF 15 Foundation: Dascha’s skin has a way of radiating no matter the look she is rocking. To achieve that glow, I’d create a foundation that not only has a luminous finish, but also SPF to keep the skin protected all year round.
2. Tartelette In Bloom Clay Eyeshadow Palette: One things for sure, Dascha has totally figured out how to flatter those amazing doe eyes. I’ve noticed that she uses a lot of neutrals and classic colors most of the time, but will break out a mean smoky eye for a more dramatic look. A palette that includes colors that can be blended to create a variety of looks would be in this collection like this one from Tarte.
3. Finishing Creme by Ouai Haircare: Whether her hair is up or down, I love how it appears as if there isn’t a strand out of place. Even when Dascha is rocking her blonde crown those hairs lay DOWN! I’d be sure to include a smoothing creme that will work to keep flyaways and split ends moisturized and tame like this one from Ouai.
4. Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor in HD Love: To compliment her golden skin, I often see Dascha turn to a red lip with a hint of orange. This product does a great job for any skin color with yellow undertones and goes on like a dream. I’d be sure to have this color in my collection!
5. ColourPop Red Head Brow Pencil: I’m a huge fan of the pencil/spoolie combo for brows. Everything you need to create the perfect brow is in one item! I’d include a pencil that was ideal for the woman with brownish/red hair.