As promised, I tried my hand at creating a look that was inspired by me watching ‘Valley of the Dolls’ for the first time. I was blown away by the characters in the movie and how their makeup simply complimented their faces in a soft and delicate way.
To recreate that feel, I wanted to use light foundation, neutral tones on my lids, false eyelashes that blended easily into my own and a flesh toned lipstick. I’m also starting to venture into having my beauty photos taken with a professional camera instead of relying on the comfort of my own selfies.
I’ll admit, I love taking selfies and I’m most comfortable in front of the camera when I can see what I’m doing so warming up to a huge Nikon in front of my face will take time! Because of this, my first “new look” photo is of me taking a selfie! All the other photos with me looking directly in the camera were awful…just plain awful. Send me some fierce modeling vibes!
Here’s a list of products I used to create the look.
- Brows: MAC eyeshadow in Embark( A little red for my taste but worked well here. I dipped a wet angled brush in this powder to trace my lower brow line and blend up.)
- Eyeshadow: Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette and Black Radiance Contour Palette Light to Medium (browns on browns on browns for a natural look.)
- Foundation: L’Oreal Pro Glow Foundation in Creme Cafe (still reviewing this one)
- Contour: Black Radiance Contour Palette just under the cheekbones
- Lips: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Mink (no, I won’t stop talking about this lipstick.)
- Lashes: Ardell #110 ( I find these to be the most natural. I cut them a bit because gluing a lash to my inner corner near my tear duct never goes well.)