Hello All! I hope you all have been enjoying March and all the hope it brings for the new season. I have an upcoming vacation planned, so I’ve been trying to dive into my fitness routine headfirst and spend a lot of time in the gym.
More time in the gym = less time to focus on my hair and makeup. This past weekend I took charge of my beauty routine and treated my hair to a deep conditioning treatment, completed a home facial and picked up items at Target to get re-inspired this week.
I wanted to share some of the awesome picks I found at Target.
1. Carols Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey Clarifying Scalp Treatment – $12.00 – Although I love my hair (most days) my scalp is a different story. A few days after shampooing, I’ll start to notice that my crown is super itchy and shortly thereafter, flakes will appear. The more I try to moisturize them with hair oil, the flakier my scalp becomes. I’ve been searching for something I can put on my scalp to soothe it and take away the irritation. I’ve always loved Carol’s Daughter products and I especially love that they are super affordable now. I snagged this treatment because it’s infused with mint to clarify and moisturize.
2. NYX Conceal, Correct, Contour Palette in Medium – $12.00 – Don’t you just love how NYX has changed the game with their branding? Not only do they have new products that can rival any high end brand, but they are partnering with some of my favorite bloggers and vloggers to promote products, which I love! I would have rather purchased this product in “deep” but it was sold out at the Target near me : ( Thankfully, the medium palette has worked quite well. The yellow shade battles dark eye circles, and the peachy shade is awesome for color correcting my skin tone.
3. Essie Nail Color in Chillato – $8.50 – Yes!! I used this color on my nails and toes last night, and I’m so happy with it. It’s the perfect shade of green. The perfect mix of pastel and lime. I love it!
4. Wet n Wild Color Icon Glitter Single – $0.99 – I’m seeing the glitter trend all over the net and while I don’t use glitter too much, this one spoke to me. It’s so in your face, it’s hard to ignore! I’m thinking of popping it on with a more relaxed night look to add pizzazz. The price tag doesn’t hurt either.
5. Black Radiance True Complexion Contour Palette in Light to Medium – $7.99 – Prior to this, I haven’t purchased anything from Black Radiance. I’ve seen their products, but nothing really jumped out at me. This palette changed my mind. There are three shades inside. One for contouring, one for highlighting and one for sculpting. Both the contouring and sculpting powder are amazing matte shades of brown and brick, and the highlight powder shimmers so much it’s unbelievable. I tried it this morning, and I’m hooked.
6. NYX Sculp & Highlight Brow Contour – $10.00 – Because I ran out of my favorite brow powder, I’ve been searching for an alternative to give other things a try. This pencil was one of the only brow product available in black-brown, however I was drawn to the peachy highlighting pen on the other end. While the shimmery highlight pen is not my favorite ( I prefer a concealer that matches my skin tone) the pencil went on soft and I was able to create hair-like strokes to fill in my brows.
Total Haul Cost: $51.48
Note: I’ve been trying so many drugstore products and I’m really liking exploring them. If you have any products that are amazing, let me know!