I’m about to really show my age on this one. Zendaya may be a prominent name to you all, however she emerged on the scene light years after I stopped watching Disney Channel. It wasn’t until she made waves on the red carpet that I took note of this talented beauty.
Not only was she notorious for changing her hair, makeup and overall appeal but also standing her ground against those that would mock her talent or fashion choices. In the past year, I’ve made it a point to observe her next look at an awards show or A-list event. Her makeup changes along with her outfits, but some things remain the same. Strong brows and defined lips. I’ve made her my new muse in my dream collection, and put together some products that would help you channel your inner Zendaya.
1. L’Oreal Eyebrow Shaping Kit – Zendaya always has a fleeky brow and I’d create a kit that is an affordable alternative to some high end kits to help you achieve the same. This L’Oreal kit comes with a wax and powder to allow you to shape and fill your brows, even if you don’t have much to start with. It also comes with a spoolie, angled brush and mini tweezers! Sidenote: The wax doubles as an amazing eyeshadow primer.
2. MAC 135 Large Flat Powder Brush – Whether it’s bronzer or blush, Zendaya’s already defined cheekbones are always taken to the next level depending on her look. I’d include a fluffy yet flat brush to transition from using bronzer all over the face for a full glow to targeting the apples of the cheeks with blush.
3. Smashbox Full Exposure Travel Palette – Another trend I’ve noticed with Zendaya is her neutral smoky eyes. Don’t get me wrong, she will use color from time to time, but the way neutral colors in both matte and shimmer shades compliment her skintone and eye color gives me full on eye envy. I would include a palette that compliments all skin tones, but gives variety in matte and shimmer textures, like this one.
4. L.A. Colors Lip Gloss & Lipstick Duos – Matte lipstick has totally taken over the beauty scene, but Zendaya always seems to have a little gloss to her lips. To avoid having to tote around two products, I’d include a lipstick and gloss duo so that touch ups are a breeze throughout the night. There are many out there, but I thought I’d include a link to these options from L.A. Colors. The shades are comparable to drugstore brands and they are only $1USD!
5. KOKO Lashes in 105 – To compliment the eye, I’d also include a natural looking lash into the collection. Not to be confused with fuller lashes with a thick band, these 105 lashes have a very thin band and have spaces that allow natural lashes to peek through. They are perfect for a more natural look.