As promised, I want to tell you all about some of the products I’ve been using and loving this month. I’ve been really fortunate in that I’ve fallen in love with the last few products I’ve tried and I haven’t had any horrible experiences. I’ve taken the time to use these products throughout the month to ensure they work, and trust me…THEY DO.
1. Dermasil Labs Advanced Treatment Creamy Lotion: The skin on my body tends to become as dry as a bone during the cold months if I don’t moisturize daily. I usually stick to brands I’ve been using forever like Jergens, but I was told that this lotion (despite being from the dollar tree) was worth trying. I wasn’t lied to.
Although it isn’t the thickest texture, for a $1 lotion it didn’t feel lackluster at all. It goes on with a slightly oily finish and kept my skin feeling soft all day. I will say however, if you have extremely dry feet or heels, this is too lightweight to reverse that but works beautifully otherwise!
2. Caudalie Micellar Cleansing Water: If you’ve been reading this blog you know how much I’ve fallen in love with Caudalie products. This was my first time trying a Micellar water and to have it be Caudalie..it was a win-win!
I’ve been using this after cleansing my face to remove stubborn makeup that I just can’t seem to scrub off, and to give my nose and cheeks a deeper clean. I was shocked at how much makeup and dirt it removed after washing! If you’ve ever questioned if your cleanser was working well, buy this and put it to the test!
3. Sabe Masson – Le Soft Perfume: This fragrance stick changed the way I feel about fragrances altogether. I’ve never been much of a perfume girl and spraying a harsh concentrated fragrance on my skin wasn’t that inviting. Sure, I would wear a fragrance for a special night out or sometimes to bed when I want to feel sexy in a worn out tee shirt, but not on a daily basis.
Since trying this, I’ve found myself rubbing it on my inner wrists and neck daily. It’s convenient, not too harsh and feels like it’s moisturizing my skin instead of stripping it.
4. Vichy Idealia Skin Sleep Night Recovery Balm: This tiny jar of wonder is actually a full size! I’m saying that to say, it’s an extremely expensive product, but well worth it. I’ve been slathering it on my skin at night and after my weekly facials and it makes my skin feel super soft and supple. So much so that I don’t even want to touch my face after using it! Worth the splurge if you have skin that needs repair and care.
5. Wet and Wild Shine Nail Color: I collect nail colors, and almost always default to OPI and Sally Hansen Total Manicure. One, because I love the colors they offer and two, the formulas are amazing. I decided to take a chance and try a wet and wild shade because of the amazing price point and positive reviews I’ve read. I was pleasantly surprised! The formula can battle any high end brand, and the color isn’t quick to chip. I also tried the top coat and I wasn’t very impressed with that as it didn’t leave my nails with the amount of shine I typically like, but the color itself was amazing.
6. Anastasia Beverly Hills Self-Made Palette: There really isn’t much of an explanation needed as to why these shadows are one of the best on the market, but the reason I’m loving this palette so much is because there are so many looks that can be created! There are shimmery shades, neutral mattes and even a few pastels thrown in. I can see myself creating fab looks all year. This one is worth owning for sure.
7. Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Argan Oil: I may have written about this oil before, but I’m still using it and still loving it. I rub a bit on my hair daily to add shine and it’s fantastic to use on dry hair before flat ironing to lock in shine. It’s affordable and won’t weigh the hair down.
8. Hey Honey I Peel Good – Biomimetic Honey Peel Cream: OH. MY. GOODNESS. I can see why this treatment is $60 USD. I use this on my facial days only and it is a godsend. Use after exfoliating to continue to remove lingering dead skin in a gentle way. The formula looks like a gel, but feels like an oil when applied to the face. The best part is, the entire process can be done in the shower! So there’s no need to run back and forth to the sink.
9. Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvinator: I know I’ve written about this scrub before, but once you try it it will be the only one you ever need (although, I have a very close second right now!) This scrub has very tiny crystals that deeply clean pores and always have me feeling like I had a refreshing chemical peel (without the harsh side effects). I use it once a week and I have about a week left in my sample.
What products have you been loving?