The end of Summer is bittersweet. On the one hand, I know I’m going to miss being able to walk my dog without a jacket, sliding on some sandals to run errands and spending ample time outdoors. Last weekend I was able to soak in a beautiful day shooting photos of my cousins in the park and I decided to make dull, black workout attire special with a punchy lip in one of my favorite shades, Lady Danger by MAC.
It got me thinking about other shades that would transition well from Summer to Fall. I don’t totally believe that bright shades are for summer, and more vampy shades are for fall, so these 5 lipsticks fit perfectly for those days when it’s not too hot, and not too cold.
1. NARS Lipstick in Barbarella – I adore this shade. It’s a medium peachy shade that is fruity enough for summer, but would also pair well with black for fall.
2. Lipstick by YSL in Le Fuchsia – As you all know, I’ve been searching for the perfect berry shade, and I think this one may be in. What makes this color especially good for transitioning is because it’s the perfect mix of pink and purple which flatters all skin tones and looks.
3. Mary Kay Crème Lipstick in Apple Berry – I typically don’t go for products I can’t buy in a store, but this one stood out because not only is it full of Vitamin E for cold days, another variation of berry (there’s a slight obsession here) but it also has a shimmery finish which makes it perfect for a night out.
4. NYX Matte Lipstick in Pure Red – Every woman needs a red shade to fit their mood, and matte is the way to go in the fall. When wearing scarfs I often have them brush against my lips and I’m always disappointed when they get stained. This formula is non-glossy and rich in color.
5. L’Oreal Colour Riche Lipcolour in Bronzine – Brown lipstick is one of the cilantros of makeup. Some love it, some hate it. I personally love a brown lipstick for the transition. It looks amazing against lighter colors like pale pinks and nudes and adds depth to a woodsy fall color palette.