One of my favorite things about makeup is the ability to wear a ton without looking like there’s anything on your face. Although I get tons of beauty ideas from celebrities, it’s refreshing to see effortless looks. I’m going back to my fantasy beauty line today which includes my fantasy collaborations and muses for collections. This time, I’m focusing on minimal makeup and glowing skin. A look that’s perfect for the woman that knows she’s beautiful and likes to embrace all of her features as they are.
The woman that doesn’t have much time to devote to a full face of beauty, but wants the world to know that she’s well kept and comfortable in her own skin. I see all of these traits in Joy Bryant. Joy has a signature look that keeps her fresh faced and ageless. I love the way she uses her smile as one of her best accessories, and focuses on one feature at a time. If I had the opportunity to design a collection around her, these are the types of product it would include:
1. Cover FX CC Cream Time Release Tinted Treatment SPF 30 – When caking on foundation, concealer, highlighter and powder isn’t your thing, opt for a high quality CC cream that will even out the complexion as well as protect your skin from sun damage. I’ve heard amazing things about this brand being great for all ages and skin types. Smooth it on dry skin for an immediate softening effect.
2. Milani Baked Blush – If it aint broke, don’t fix it. These blushes are tried and true and look amazing on all skin tones. I would opt for a blush that has a bit of a bronzing effect to bring life to the skin. Dust it on the cheekbones, forehead and use your finger to run a bit down the center of your nose for an effortless “strobing” technique.
3. ULTA Nude Lipstick (Various Shades) – Swipe on a nude lipstick to even out the color of the lips without adding boldness. I love the nude lipstick line at ULTA. There’s a shade for everyone and they all go on extremely smooth and are a mix between a matte and shiny finish.
4. L’Oreal Telescopic Mascara – In lieu of using falsies, choose a mascara that will lengthen and separate wtihout adding too much fullness. The key is to make your lashes look a mile long…naturally. This mascara has an extremely thin tip that makes application easy and mess-free.
5. Mary Kay Brow Gel – This collection is not for the woman that’s drawing on her brows, she keeps them neat but would much rather just keep them in place throughout the day. I get it. Use an eyebrow brush to shape them, and set them with a brow gel that is gentle enough for your delicate eye area.