It’s that time again! I’ve rounded up products that I have used to the last drop. I don’t know about you but I love reading posts about #empties because I find it equally important to know which products out there have staying power. With all the product that tempts me, only a select few make it to the end!
1. Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser – I wrote about this in a previous primer post and I remember saying I didn’t like it as much as my NYX Pore Filler. Although it’s not as powerful as that one, I found myself using it daily. The lighter formula made it perfect for everyday use and it was ideal under a BB cream for days when foundation wasn’t an option. I would purchase this product again, but I think I may try a different formula to compare.
2. L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation – OMG. I purchased this foundation about 2 months ago after seeing several other bloggers give it rave reviews, and I’m telling you..it’s PERFECT. I like it better than any other foundation I’ve tried including any MAC foundations. My skin is oily so this matte formula really balances that out. Also, it doesn’t make my skin look cakey and there’s no need to put a powder on top. I was also impressed at how close a match this color is to my skin tone. I used shade #110 Creme Cafe and it fits me like a glove.
3. MAC Powder Blush in Sweet as Cocoa – MAC is known for it’s beautiful pigments and blushes and this is no exception. This shimmery brown shade works well as a bronzer and a blush. I apply it to my cheekbones and temples for a natural contour. I was more than happy to use this until it was completely gone, but now that it’s shattered into a loose powder after falling off my sink and hitting the floor, it’s much more difficult to apply.
4. Real Chemistry Luminous 5 Minute Peel – I tried using this product as part of my weekly facial routine, and overall it’s….meh. It lived up to the promise of removing dead skin cells after rubbing the product in for about 2-3 minutes. I could feel small balls forming under my fingers and the thought of it being dead skin really freaked me out! Luckily, this sample size was only enough for two applications but I’m not sure I would repurchase.
5. Tarte Deluxe Lights, Camera. Lashes Mascara – I was obsessed with these samples after receiving them in an Ipsy bag a while ago, and literally used them until I couldn’t use them anymore. They elongated and separated my lashes really well and I was sure to buy it! What stopped me was trying the Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara which completely changed the way I look at mascara and I became hooked on that. If the Better than Sex mascara is a bit much for you, this is a close second.