Summer is full of outdoor fun with family and friends and I find myself having to be comfortable wearing makeup and not have it melt off my face or appear to be too much for a daytime affair. When I want to do something more minimal, I opt to skip lashes, and let my lipstick do all the talking.
I decided to do a 5 product face to show how a minimal amount of product can make a big impact.
1. L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation – This has been my go-to foundation lately and it’s perfect for summer. Because my skin gets oily and I tend to sweat, this foundation keeps my skin dry and gives awesome coverage. Use a dense brush or beauty blender to apply and press it deep into pores (be sure to remove your makeup before going to sleep!) I don’t even have to use a powder over this foundation. It’s fabulous.
2. Eyebrowz Brow Powder – Dark Brown – I have also been opting to use a powder to fill in my brows for a more natural look. I dip an angled brush in a bit of water and then press it into the powder. I then use the brush to trace a neat line along the brow bone and blend the product into the brow. I find it looks more natural than a pencil.
3. Trestique Eye Shadow Crayon in Venetian Gold – I received this in last month’s Ipsy bag and this was my first time using it. It’s a beautiful gold shade that I just swiped across my eyelid to add dimension to the eyes. I didn’t use a primer or anything.
4. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara – I received a travel sized tube in last month’s Glossybox and it’s a super buildable mascara. I swiped on three coats for lush lashes.
5. MAC Lip Color in Lady Danger – A beautiful red-orange that looks great on everyone. BUY IT.