This week has been a gloomy mess where I am. It’s dark, rainy and cold above all things. I’m sure there is a master plan for this cold front but ummmmm.. can we get back to summer weather? After trekking in the rain for hours yesterday, I finally got home to a bright surprise. My first Birchbox! I signed up for Birchbox after some internet urging and I was really excited to see that my first box was partnered with Cupcakes and Cashmere. I’m sure many of you are familiar with her highly popular blog! She has a way of making the simple things in life so beautiful and I visit her blog daily for inspiration.
The first thing I noticed with the box is that I’ve never heard of ANY of these brands! So instead of doing a review, I’m going to share some information on what I’ve learned about these brands and ask if you have any insight for me!
1. Marcelle Hydra-C 24H Energizing Hydrating Gel: I’ve really been wanting to jump on the gel moisturizer craze since last month. I’ve been going back and forth with myself on purchasing the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel which retails for $20, but I’ve decided against it every time. This gel is alcohol and perfume free and contains aloe which may make it perfect for sunny days. A full sized jar retails for $23.95 and this brand goes back to the 1800s!
2. Coastal Scents Desert Bloom Quad: These colors reminded me so much of a fall palette. I had never heard of Coastal Scents and after visiting their website, it appears that they are a very inexpensive beauty brand. What struck me as interesting is that they not only provide makeup for sale, but ingredients to create your own! A full eyeshadow palette retails for $19.95.
3. Beauty Protector Protect & Treat Hair Mask: So I could only find this product for sale on the Birchbox website. Also, before looking it up I thought it was a face mask! This mask claims to serve as an “anti-aging” product for hair. It’s loaded with antioxidants and crushed pearls to heal damaged strands. Crushed pearls tho? A full sized jar retails for $25.95
4. Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream: This cream is a non-drying sulfate free alternative to your shaving cream. I must admit, I use hair conditioner to shave (weird, I know.) So this may be a way for me to get the moisture I need with an actual shaving cream. It comes in 9 delicious flavors and retails for $20.00.
5. Vasanti Brighten up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator: I adore a good exfoliator. Since I have been exfoliating every other day, I have noticed a positive difference in my skin. Some days, I even surprise myself with how great my skin looks and feels. When I saw a new “luxe” exfoliator, I was totally excited to try it out. Not only is it a great exfoliator but also a brightener and comparable to microdermabrasion. Paraben free and 100% vegan. Full size retails for $34.00