If you follow my Instagram page (which I’m sure you don’t because I don’t have many followers yet!) I have been a member of Ipsy since summer of last year. Ipsy is a monthly subscription service similar to Birchbox that offers 5 beauty picks that are selected just for you based on your beauty profile. The service is $10 per month and I have been really happy with it thus far! I want to start sharing what I receive and what I think of the products. I’ll also share which products I go back and purchase because those are the products that really make an impact!
Here’s what I received in my May bag, which was catered toward “Jetsetters.”
1. Pixi by Petra Bronzer in Summertime – This is the second product I’ve received from Pixi, and I have to say I really do like the brand. The first product I received was a bronzer “duo” with a lighter and darker shade. I use those as eyeshadows most of the time so I was thrilled to receive a bronzer that I could actually see myself using as a bronzer. I have been using this Milani Baked Bronzer which I find too shimmery for every day. The Pixi one is a darker shade and while it isn’t entirely matte, it doesn’t have as much of a glitter effect as the Milani bronzer. I used it today and I liked the way it applied.
2. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in Ozone – So, this lip pencil is clear but stops any lipstick from smearing or playing outside of the lines. I must say that the cap to this was extremely hard to get off, and the more I tugged, the top of the crayon broke when the cap came loose. I hope I can sharpen it! Anywho, the concept is really cool. I’ve got more than a few lip colors that don’t have matching liners and this product will help everything stay in place. I could see myself filling in my entire lip with this before applying lipstick to make the color last longer.
3. BellaPiere Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in Ebony – Black eyeliner is like cash to me, I can never have enough. I am going to test the water-proofness of this liner tonight! I’m working on a day to night look that will transition me from the office to happy hour and black liner is the way to go.
4. Klorane Smoothing and Relaxing Patches – I have been masking and patching so much lately and I was happy to see these! I’m also working on a hangover post since I have been there one too many times, and usually patches like this are fantastic for waking up the eyes and skin.
5. Bare Republic Mineral Face SPF 30 Mineral Sunscreen – Outside of BB Cream and vacation, I must admit that I don’t purchase sunscreen on a regular basis. During the warm summer months I spend a lot of time outside so this will be a fantastic addition to my purse. I can’t wait to report back!